The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Monday, June 03, 2002

Today was my first day at Earle Palmer Brown. I got up early to make sure everything would go ok. I was about to iron my clothes with my brand new iron to open the box and see that parts were missing. Thankfully Downy makes that wrinkle remover, it helped and thats all I can ask for. I was suppose to get there at 9am, not wanting to be late on the first day I arrived 10 minutes early only to find myself waiting for anyone to show up. Only the receptionist was there. Anyways the job is good. Their office is kind of trendy looking. A guy named Tony is who I will be working with, I've been placed on the US Smokeless Tobacco account. They are the leaders in the industry with Copenhagen, Skoal, Rooster, Red Seal, as well as some products in test marketing right now. It's not the most ethical account, I mean the product does cause cancer. However everyone on the account doesn't use it which I found funny. We did the basic paper work, got my cubicle, computer, voice mail and stuff like that. After lunch he started givign me Excel work to do, write cover letters to brand managers, and making sure the estimated costs were adding up. I was like damn, but it wasn't too hard to do.

So today according to him was a good day for the magazines. I was given two magazines in a black plastic wrap. I thought they subscription must be almost over. Nope it was Penthouse and Playboy. See part of my job is to look through magazines finding competitors ads. Besides thoughs we get ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and just about every hunting magazine one can imagine. They are right now working on getting a sweepstakes with Rooster and either Maxim or Playboy. I don't know if I will have a chance to work on it.

Today was also my second try at establishing a checking account. I swear I need them to tag me like a dear for they don't trust me. They wanted copies of bills, more than one ID. They wanted a letter from my employer, I got it, and was told he would have to call and verify. He now wants me to get a copy of my lease signed here at Mercy and brought to him this week. I told him I dont think thats possible seeing how I work all day, he thought there must be a way.

Other than that the city is pretty interesting place. I felt too old getting off with the suits and ties in Grand Central Station. Walking through the mass of people makes you wonder just how small one is. The weather here is incredible, as well as the view getting off the train. It's quite a sight looking downstream of the Hudson and seeing the George Washington bridge and the skyline just a little further.

That's about it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home