The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Friday, August 13, 2004

Will there be a point to this post. Nope. None what so ever. However a Friday night alone with nothing to do I thought I'd go ahead and write a bit.

Towels. What a simple invention. You take a shower, you're wet and need to dry off. Grab this big piece of cloth and wipe yourself down. I've now learned something about this magical bathroom essential. I've known they come in array of colors. Some with stripes, some with cartoon characters, and the floral ones every Grandma in this country has (they've had them for 50 years). A trip to a Linen N Things you will discover towels stacked to the ceiling, all the colors of the rainbow and more. They got large towels, hand towels, and more I'm sure. What I did not know is that there are soft towels. Growing up and being the boy I was I took whatever my parents gave me. Towel that were used to wipe oil of the garage floor. That's ok. Ooh this one feels like steel wool. What's that you say? It's free? I'll take it!!!! College came around and being such the Aggie I am I got maroon and gray towels. Whoop (sarcastic tone insert). Now they did get the job done (the maroon ones also magically turned my beige sheets pink in the washer), but they looked out of my place in this new color scheme I have going on up here in the Constitution State. So now that I'm making a couple dollars I thought I'd get some new towels to match my lovely shower curtain. For five bucks extra the towel I purchased feels a 100 times softer. Now I haven't used it yet, but tomorrow morning should be amazing.

Next thought, I've looked into volunteering. Am I going to help handicapped kids? Looked into it, but times weren't good. Play checkers with the senior citizens. Nah, I don't want to hear the same story every week I see Helen. Work the soup kitchen? I worked at Chuck Cheese in high school and that was bad enough. Am I being rude? Of course, but its just my sarcastic self. I am looking into rewarding opportunities. I'll probably help out with Habitat for Humanity. It's a good cause, but I see it being an opportunity for me to learn handyman skills. My Dad with a screwdriver and maybe a hammer can fix most things around our house. Me, pretty good at holding that ladder. While it’s very early in my job, I don't care for it. It's too technical. This can change and I hope it does. Who knows maybe I'll end up liking it. The marketing major in me though needs some sort of creative outlet. I've contacted two magazines and the paper about volunteer help. Who can turn down free labor? Now I don't know exactly what I would do should they need help, but advertising/PR related would be great. Part of me wants someday to have a column. I'm also looking into the local music venues. Dave likes music. Dave likes promotions. Dave has no life currently and plenty of time. Seems like a good match to me. But these plans if they come to might have to take a break come December. The ski hill 30 minutes away needs volunteers. Can you say free season pass? I sure know I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home