The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Wednesday, June 05, 2002

Another day, and another thought. So Im on the chewing tobacco account, and today there was an article found in the Wall Street Journal bad mouthing the company that creates the product. I then had to go to Grand Central Station to buy the NY Times and Boston Globe for similar articles. They say its being advertised to youth, and while by law it has to be in a magazine where at least 80% are of the age 18 or older. The internship has been an amazing experience, but I look at the people and wonder if they truly enjoy what they are doing. Advertising, promoting a product that has a direct impact on people's health. It is a moral dilemna for me this summer, but for now the experience does out weigh it. I know I couldn't work on such an accout for a career, but at the same point they are trying to support themselves or family.

I also spent another day at the bank, and it looks like it'll take one more. I'm pretty damn sure I'll be done with by tomorrow.

Adam and I walked around after I got off work. Checked out the UN, and ate a nice lil cafe by Times Square. The city is so enjoyable just to walk around seeing street performers and all the people. So today I noticed that I can see Yankee Stadium from the train I ride every day, it only took 8 tries or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home