The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Post #200. Almost seems fitting. I've used this Napkin so to speak to write about experiences, personal views, and other random occurrences that have happened since the Summer of 02. 3 years have since passed. In these three years what do I have now that I didn't have before? Sure a few pieces of furniture in the living room, several suits hanging in my closet, and even a diploma. I've made it back from my summer in New York, studied and backpacked throughout Europe, would leave for a job in Detroit in an industry I'm passionate about and ended up in an area my background isn't the most fitting. Friends and family members would get married, I'd become an uncle twice (third time on the way), and I'd see a couple relationships begin only for them to disolve. It's no wonder many compare living to a book. A book is filled with new chapters. New beginnings. And new endings.

I'm about to embark on another chapter. Texas again. This will be my third time to live in Texas and supposdly third times a charm. Then again three strikes and I'm out. Books are already written, where as lives are not. I am not for certain what will be in store for me next month, next year, or next decade. However in any situation I may find myself in, the only person that I hold accountable is me. I have the pen and these paper years will unfold as they do.

Knowing this, the more important question is in these three years what do I have now that I had before? Curiousity. This world contains endless possibilities, and limited to only the time we have here. Friends. I have first hand witnessed that the true ones will never be limited by geography. Family. That no matter what action I may pursue they will be there to be supportive. To have family that realizes I need to make mistakes to learn. A family that believes in and is confident in their son's/my judgement is comforting. Finally, and by no means last, a drive to become successful. I need to be continually challenged and seek oppotunities. These and more remain.

Donavon Frankenreither - Heading Home "go somewhere ya never gone; sing something that ya never sung; think about something that ya never thought; and if you're gonna give, give everything you got; oh yeah right here, oh yeah right now; i'm headin' home"

1 Comments:

Blogger Southern Girl said...

I've been enjoying your blog for the last few months--it's almost like I've watched you grow up in the time it took to go through all of your posts. Good luck in Texas!

1:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home