The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Friday, June 07, 2002

The last two days have been good New York City days. On the 6th, I had to work as usual and disappointly had another failed attempt of getting a bank account situation situated. However that did not phase me for Adam and I had tickets for Letterman. Even though it was taped yesterday, tonight it airs on TV. It was a real good time, and interesting to see how it all works. On the way there I was fortunate enough to see some arrested for shop lifting, it was funny just listening to the cops. Afterwards we needed to get back to Grand Central Station, its a quite a walk, but nothing too bad, however when its raining thats another story. Even with an umbrella I still ended up getting drenched. I was fortunate once again for I saw man get in a fight with the Taxi cab driver. I don't know the situation, something obvisiously dealing with the payment and a miscommunication. Pulling up to Mercy station it was dissappointing to see that it was still raining, but even harder. Oh well.

So today was an excitin day at the Ad agency. I was extremely busy and almost completed a powerpoint presentation that'll be provided to the brand manager of the account Im part of. I also had to do other tasks. Our account had a meeting, and it was interesting concept. It seems there is going to be a lot of planning going on in the future. Whether I'll be here or not at the time is still up in the air. USSTC, has now had to pull all their Rooster brand ads to avoid the chance of being sued or penalized in the future. As mentioned before there were articles in the paper, that they now have become paranoid over whether their ads seem directed to minors. Recently Reynolds was sued for 20 million. They reacted on the situation. They also see their future on new product development. What products they have in mind are uncertain. Right now they are test marketing a product that is sort of like chew but in a wrapper thingy(best way I can describe it), that you put in your mouth to get a tobacco/nicotine fix. Something that's not messy and would be used when you can't smoke like on a flight. However a competitor is bring a same product to the market, and others coming up with ideas of other products or ideas to be used in the near future. While probably no one reading this cares, it was a very interesting meeting.

The best thing about Fridays, Im out of there at 2. You'll never guess what happened. I got a bank account and ATM card. YES!!!!! Finally. After that I decided to go explore some of the city today, I walked well over a 100 blocks. I walked to 5th, just to walk down it. I ended up going to the Flatiron building. Down to Washington park, where they have an arch, much like the Arch De Truimph in Paris, over to NYU, up to Union Park, then to Grammercy Park. This last park is interesting for its just one city block. However the only way to get in is to have a key, something only given to the residents near by. And these resdients have some money, very nice arrangements. Outside a restaraunt I heard a very good looking girl on the phone and over heard part of her conversation saying how she had an audition today. I thought it was pretty cool. I then went up to 30th street to meet up with Adam. We then walked back down to Grammercy and Union. At Union we saw a dad and his kids playing music. It was fun to watch. They might have been poor but they were having a time of their life and looked to be making a good amount of money on the side. We then headed to 6th Ave and went north till about 41st. Went in to according to Macy's the worlds largest store. I don't think they are lying. It was damn big.

As each day goes by, this city is growing on me. There is just so much happening, the diversity, arts, etc...Plus everyone I meet is more than nice to talk to. I don't know if I look like a New Yorker, but I've been asked directions numerous times and surprisingly enough I am able to help them. Right now, you can't go wrong with the weather, its still in the 60's and 70's, but it is suppose to start warming up.

That's it, looking forward to the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home