The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Is this true? Are these supposed to be comforting words that we hear from family and friends accurate? In some sense yes. I don't go to work expecting that empty cubicle behind me to be filled with a 20 some year old brunette with an infectious smile. On bus rides to and from the office I don't ride the bus hoping there will be a situation created where the only seat available is by a girl who caught my eye. Or in the grocery market a friendly debate starts on the difference between catsup and ketchup, where when we find out the differences we find out each other's phone numbers. Not likely....

Yet here I am and I can't seem to get her out of my mind. She's like no other I've been with. She can be a bit fast paced and too city for my Montana roots. Don't even get me started on expenses. I spend more because of her any day. It's funny, now and then I can see her temper starting to flare, but then I also see the beauty of her. I enjoy our time together even though late at night she makes me feel removed from the South and old friends. She's competitive too, as this weekend clearly showed she can beat my ass at mountain biking. I don't know how long our relationship will last. Maybe a year or so, maybe more, but I know definitely not less. I can already tell wherever time takes us I'll remember her in all her splendid colors. After all she's the East Coast.

Now for you that actually read this post, I apologize. It's lame. To lets say the 10th degree or so. I've had requests to write posts and nothing out there has caught my eye. I get ready, work, unwind, and repeat 5 days or more a week. Sorry to disappoint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home