The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Update: Week of 12/31/06-1/06/06

Wall Street Journal
- Did not travel this week, therefore did not have access to the articles I want to read.

Book
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Author - J.K. Rowling
- Rating - 4 out of 5 Stars
- Review - It has been a number of years since I read the 5th book in the series. That being said it is understandable why it took me awhile to remember certain characters. Overall I enjoyed the book as it's nothing more than a fun read. I do think there are some problems in the wizard world. If you can make yourself invisible with a cloak, if a certain type of plant allows you to stay underwater, if a wave of a wand can fix wounds, then why would anyone need to wear glasses. Do some hocus pocus 4 eyes, I mean Harry.

GMAT
- Studied several hours this weekend. Reviewed book that talks about the test, how its broken down, ways to do better, etc. Then completed the 1st of 3 math sections. Most questions able to answer with relative ease. Do find it disheartening that calculators are not allowed.
- Created study plan. Finish entire book and all sections by late March. At that point if I still find myself struggling look into greater detail for classes offered through Princeton Review, SMU, etc. Also may consider a few private tutor lessons if I find a certain area challenging. There appear to be several listed through Craigslist. Will continue to study for GMAT till late May where I will then take the official test for the first and hopefully last time.

MBA, Scholarships, Research more into what degree/focus and where I would like to attend
- Did not do too much, but started to browse a few University websites.

HELP NEEDED
- If anyone has any recommendations on studying for GMAT, choosing a University, and choosing a MBA focus please let me know. I would ask for book recommendations, but I now have a list of approximately 12 or so that I'd like to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home