The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Saturday, June 20, 2009


So there isn't much to do in Doha. It's a city of shops and places to dine and that's about it. I've done a lot of exploring (i.e driving) to see what's out there. When I was a consultant I would have a wide range of rental cars. As a result I developed nicknames for majority of them.
  • Ford Taurus becomes a Taurcedes
  • Chevy Malibu becomes THE BU
  • Chrysler PT Cruiser becomes the TP Cruiser

and now I have a created a new one. Meet my Nissan Craptima


So driving can be fun/ challenging. There is a heavy abundance of agressive drivers (i.e. local Qatarians thinking they own the road) and roads that are ever changing due to all the construction. Here's your typical intersection: barricades, no working traffic light and lack of painted lines.




So the more recent post will contain pictures around town. There's The Pearl which is like Dubai's Palm Islands. Basically a man made island that is ultra luxurious. I was able to get through security, but once on the island (under construction) I was told by security I couldn't park my car and walk around. There will be pictures of my apartment and it's balcony view. There will be a picture of a big tower by itself. It served as the flame holder for the recent Asian World games. Doha breaks itself into different cities where it clusters similar type of businesses (Sports City, Education City, Entertainment City, Energy city, etc). There's also a couple pictures of Souqs, which is a Arab flea market. Then there's some of just the skyline. Welcome to Doha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home