The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Saturday, June 08, 2002

Saturday in NYC was just an awesome time. We left around 11:30 ish and got in around 10:30 tonight. We walked again so much. We got into Grand Central and took the subway to Greenich Village. It was funny cause I could not get the vending machine to work at all. I'm an idiot.

So we got into Greenich walked up Bleeker street and some others. We got into some streets of the Chelsea neighborhoods. On our way back to Greenich we went past this corner and noticed a ton of cameras and studio chairs sort of thing. Sure enough they were filming a music video. Angie Martinez was the lady. She was rapping, but the song sounded like she was a chipmunk or something. I have no clue who she was but talkin to a girl in the dorms she got all excited (must be an east coast thing). So if the video ever gets big and makes TRL, I can say I was there. We walked some more through Greenich and then went to Washington park which I just went to the other day. They have guys that set up chess boards and you can play them. Not today, but sometime this summer it's going to be on.

So Adam and I take a break eat our lunch and are sitting on the bench. Where do you get marijuana? I guess sitting on a bench in Washington Park. Within 20 minutes we were asked by three different people. The first time the guy was like you smoke...thinking he wanted to bum a cigarette, but he had one lit in his hand. He then walked away and came back and tried to sell some to the people next to us. He asked us again, and was like so you tellin me you aint like that, getting high. I was just smiling and was like nope.

We also saw this guy who was just blatant to ladies. Saying whatever crossed his mind. Then I don't know why, but for me this was one of the funniest things. An old couple, who I don't think could walk any slower. It was like watching someone in slow motion. I know sounds horrible, but if you were there you'd understand. Also at this park was some big festival. Hashmir Krishma. Those crazy white boys you see with shaved heads. They were goin dancing, singing and all. Singing about the Dalai Lama and stuff along those lines and why we as humans shouldn't eat meat, etc. The place was just packed, booths and tents galore.

We then decided to go down into SoHo. Damn its a lil trendy place. Greenwich and SoHo, I could definitley see myself living at. After that we saw a lil Canal street (Chinatown) and Little Italy. We got on a train and headed down to Wall Street. We first stopped and saw the Brooklyn Bridge. Then checked out NY stock exchnage and ground zero. It was the most quiet place I've seen in the city. But that was due to the fact that it's the weekend and no one was at work. We then walked down to Battery Park, walked around that for awhile. Saw the Statue of Liberty and decided to start heading back. Ate some pizza on the way to Grand Central and then got on the train and headed back to good ol Dobbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home