The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Wednesday, February 05, 2003

So things just seem to get worse.

Just when you think you have everything in order, sometime life throws you a curve ball. Today I got an email from a professor switching my tutorial group to a half hour later. Well it just so happens as now this class ends, a 10 minute walk or so in town my other class has begun. I don't see how it is fair and in all honesty I don't care for this school right now. I've emailed the professor trying to figure out what can be done, but in a rude reply received well basically said sorry, but you can always leave early because i can't stop you. Basically saying if you do this, it'll effect your grade. It's more frustrating when I already had to change a course time to fit with the class. Only for it to change again. My only possible solution might be for me to drop a course. I'm still trying to work around this. If I do this, my summer plans will change and I will need to go back to Texas and take summer school so that I can still graduate on time.

While I did come over here for an education, I didn't come over here to be swamped with work. I've been told that A&M programs are easy and I wish I had found one to fit with my major. Challenges are great, but I just don't want one this time around.

Still there are some things that are enjoyable being here. My polish roommate likes to drink vodka and I just get a kick out of it. For me, its like the stereotypical Polish boy. However last night he was drinking Smirnoff Ice, which while good, isn't a "'man's" drink. Also there is a guy from NYU, I like to hang out with. We both are able to joke around with each other, which is good because neither one of us is really happy about how the academics are here. They had this beginning of the term party last night and there were over a thousand people or so. We just got a kick out of how europeans dance and acted. I'm sure they got a kick out of us. Also I've realized there are small things that are great. Waking up to an incredible view, even though I'm wishing my alarm wasn't buzzing. Or putting my towel on the bathrooms water heater so when I get out of the shower its really warm. Then coming to the library every day and passing the building for music education and hearing all the insturments. I also get a kick of how I don't know how somethings work because directions are in dutch. Today for example I screwed up some copies. Also another perfect example was setting up my bank account yesterday. Everything went fine, but signing the contract I wondered if they could put in a clause. Saying if you close this when you leave we'll charge you a 1000 bucks. While I'm sure this isn't the case it makes me wonder what the terms were. I'll be fine for I haven't even had to put in money into it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home