The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Wednesday, August 14, 2002

It is hard for me to imagine that today is my last day on the job here at EPB. In about a hour and a half I will be done and my NYC experience will be drawing to a close.

I look back at the beginning and not having an idea of what was in store. I keep on thinking of all that I have seen and experienced. I feel so fortunate. I keep on remembering the Dave in highschool. The one who was content with just going to school and hanging around the same friends. The same kid who had many fears. I still do today, but this summer I truly feel that when the time comes to graduate that I have in essence prepared myself. I am excited what lays ahead. Same time, I'm definitely looking forward to the next year or so of college.

Whether I'm a changed person, that is something I doubt. I still am very much easily entertained and still very much have the same sense of humor I did coming here. New York didn't make me hard. NYC was a chapter in my life, and one I'm saddened it's about to close. Here I have been, imensing myself in a whole new area of US, that is quite different than anywhere else I've been. Like a book, it feels like it is being slammed shut. Tomorrow night I will be in Houston. Over a thousand miles away from a city that I might not return to for quite some time.

Life confuses me like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home