The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Tuesday, July 30, 2002

So actually something interesting happened to me at work.

Work recently has been boring. My main supervisor is gone today and he is really the only one that gives me assigments. All I've had to do today is get in contact with production to get extensions for placement of ads in magazines and pull together non disclosure forms and have them FedExed to the client.

So here's the story. I'm sitting at my desk and this guy comes up to me. He's like you got a minute. I'm like yes. He's like I'm Lou Carvel the creative director. I don't know why, but the first thing I thought of was I did something wrong. I'm like shit, the intern screwed up. These thoughts shouldn't have happened because I've never met the guy, just always been a hello in the hallway.

He's like come with me. I've seen you and I'm thinking I want you to be in the advertisement. He's like a employee from the client is here and I just want you to meet her. It was just casual talk about where I'm from and the question asked if I had ever modeled before. I said no, and then some more casual conversation followed. Lou's like you work here full time? Saying yes, he's like I'll be in contact with you later this week and I headed out of the conference room. I have no idea what the ad is for, if its anything big or exciting (something I very much doubt). However I guess you could say I was flattered as this guy who can do casting calls and I'm sure has other resources wanted to get in touch with me. Hopefully I'll know more by Thursday.

Other than that nothing is new. Finished the second Harry Potter book last night and started on the third.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home