The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Wednesday, July 17, 2002

Last night I received a call from my parents. They had just spent several weeks up in Montana and wanted to let me know they made it back safely and all. They also informed me that I had received a letter from the International Academy. While they didn't read it, they just said sorry you didn't make it. It's one of those things that just rips right into me. I understand that there were a number of applicants and obvisouly ones that were more qualified. It's is still a pain that digs into my center. It makes me question myself. I really have a hard time grasping failure. It is a part of life, a part of everyones.

Instances like these make me question my future. Now I realize while this is not the end and I will still have many opportunities, I catch myself wondering if I will succeed in life. This and many other things I have not been accepted into. I set expectations onto myself, but maybe they are too high. I just don't want to be second best at times. I know there is the whole concept of letting go and just taking it with a grain of salt. It's a concept I need to work on, and hopefully I will.

On a different note the client was in the office and we had meetings all day due to that. I am now ready to head to back to Texas. I am really sick of this product and the damage it can cause on people. While this wasn't mentioned, the client did admit that smokeless tobacco tastes like shit. It's an image product. It's not really the greatest image when you see the guy leaning over a garbage and spitting brown crap every half hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home