The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Monday, July 01, 2002

Another weekend has past. Friday I got off at the usual 2 oclock and had to head up back to good ol Mercy college to pick up a letter. I then had to wait forever for a train to get back into the city. That night I met up with some fellow Fellows, Ty and Tiffany at a pub called Scruffy Duffys. They had brought along other interns or friends they knew working in the city. It was an educated bunch from colleges like Princeton and Stanford. The internships ranged from doing investment banking to being a runner on the floor of the NYSE. It is no doubt in my mind that if they want to be successful, they will. An old ag that works for Morgan Stanley came by for it is the same place Tiffany works at. He then took some of us boys across the street for what was sort of Mexican food. It wasn't the best, but was free so that was nice. We then went up to his apartment. While it wasn't that big, it was very nice with an incredible view. He lives right close to the center of Times Square. Adam later met up with us. Taking the subway back there was a bum asking for donations. I know this is going to sound mean, but I think this was the funniest bum I seen yet. He was going from subway car to subway car. Now he's wearing black pants, and then a garbage bag for a shirt. Anyways he's real loud, and yells, "I haven't ate all day. Please some one help me." No one gives this guy a dime and he looks just funny. The thing I didn't get was the trash bag looked new, plus he wasn't all that skinny. He was just a strange fellow, and I saved my laughter for later.

The next day Adam and I decided to check out some museums. We went to the Cloisters. Which looks like an old Spanish Monestary. It was built in europe but brought over by Rockafella brick by brick and now is an medievel art museum. After that we headed in to the city and went to the Met, saw some Monets, Van-Goughs and the like. While I do feel art is something that should be perserved and be in public viewing, I just don't care for it. I find it fascinating at how all the pottery people were able to construct in ancient times, to the details of some of the paintings. However I become immensly bored at art museums. It's just not my thing at all

We then headed down and got some grub at a diner. Afterwards we had some time and decided to go to Coney Island. Coney Island=ghetto. To me it was a disappointment. It basicaly now looks like a carnival, with rides like the Zipper and such. There is only one roller coaster. There was so much litter. We also found out that late at night there are more crazy people than normal people that ride the subways. One guy (will call him Bob) wanted to get in a fight with the guy (will call him Frank)across from him. Bob got off, before Frank did. Bob had a friend (he'll be James). James then apologized for the Bob's behavior. Frank said it wasn't a problem. Bob was drunk. Then James and Frank get talking on all sorts of shit. Frank moved to NYC 20 years ago and I quote said, "New York, I built this fucking city." That and numerous other comments exchanged were funny.

Sunday, Adam had to work so I just hung out at the aparment. I then went into the city to run to the bank and try to find a hair cut. While walking around I saw a girl who looked familiar but I didn't think anything of it. It turns out to be a girl I had met in NYC from A&M over spring break. She was at this same club a bunch of Fellows were at. Anyways she recognized me and said you go to A&M. I was like yeah, and then I remembered her. So that was fun.

Not finding a place in midtown, I decided to hop on the subway and go to to Union Square/NYU area. I found a barber shop and it had pictures of some famous people on the outside like Adam Sandler. So I figured it must be somewhat decent. They must of had over a dozen people cutting hair. It was funny cause they were all talking in Spanish or some toher language just joking around.

that is pretty much my weekend. Everyone on the account I'm on is either out of town for vacation or at a business meeting in Connecticut. So I don't even have to pretend to look busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home