The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Sunday, June 16, 2002

Well I am sure that I will have forgotten something, but a lot happened this weekend. Thursday, don't remember really what happened so it must not of been anything big. Friday I got to work. Its nice getting out early and dressing down. Afterwards I was to go to Grand Central station to meet up with an ol highschool friend. I had some time so I just sat down along the side and watched the people. I decided to grab a spot along the wall and wait around. While the wall was long and empty, some guy decided to sit next to me. I was like this should be interesting. He talked to me for a little bit and then kind of did his own thing. I was surprised later when an old lady came up to me and asked me for a knife. I was taken back, but then she told me she needed to open something.

So anyways I meet up Brian and Adam (who had just ran into someone he knew who we joined). We decided to go to some Broadway play and waited in that long line for cheaper tickets. We didn't know you had to pay with cash so when I got up there I was like looks like I won't be seeing a play. Everything good was sold out anyways. We then left for Chinatown and little Italy. It would of been better without the rain, but we still found a cool lil Italian restaraunt and chatted a bit. Afterwards we went up and walked around Time Square and decided to go see a movie. Walking through Times Square we saw something being filmed. I guess the Dutchess of York, Fergi has a new show. We also went to the ESPN sports bar. I couldn't even afford to think about having a drink. A beer is like $7, but hey LL Cool J was somewhere in the building we were told. Later on we saw Bourne Identity, it was alright, but movies are 10 bucks, but the theater was huge and nice. Here's someting I don't get. I was trying to figure out which way to Grand Central station to get home. I asked a worker, and he told us. He gave us wrong directions, it's something I think you would know where it is living in the city. We took the last train home.

The next day we slept in and then went into the city. We went to the Natural History museum and only saw a bit of it. There are quite a few exhibits. We then checked out a planetarium show in their new space exhibit which is nice. Afterwards we then walked through Central Park. Hearin some familiar music we decided to go check it out. It was singer called Vitamin C, whose pretty much a two hit wonder. She's not great, but it was just funny to just come across. We then did the whole 5th ave walk and Rockafella center. One thing I enjoyed was sitting down and seeing this 50 or 60 year old couple dancing there. No music was being played, except the song they both seemed to be hearing. It's great to see people let go and just do what they want.

We then caught a subyway to Greenwich for some dinner. We ate outside at a cool little pub called Bernie Macs. I love this part of the city. Sittin down outside and looking around, if you would have asked me in highschool what I would be doing some summer in college I would have never guessed that I'd be here taking in NYC. The food was great and so was the weather. After the long dinner we just walked around and checked out some stores. Walking around though I noticed more guys gave me the second look than the ladies. Something else I found funny is that they have stores that sell bongs. True the display cases say for tobacco use only, but you know thats not what they used for.

Heading to Washington park we came across these chess tables. There wasn't too many people there, but the whole purpose was to show Brian the arch. Well I decided I might try and play a bit so I gave this guy a game (he talked me into it). Told him all I had was $2, he said that would work. He beat me in like 20 moves. I was like well I'll want a rematch sometime. He's like I'm here everyday, I sleep on this bench. I told him he's on, and I'll come back. I think I would have given the guy more of a challenge if it wasn't for the clock you have to use everytime you make a play. You get 10 minutes per game unless you pay more. So I wanted to try and make as many plays as possible. Enough execuses....so were at this park and we get offered weed again. This must be the place to buy, too bad it's not my thing. We also got offered shrooms, by some other guy. Crazy Yankers.

We then headed back to Times Square, and did some more walking and just chatted a bit more. Again took the last possible train home. However this time it was more interesting. Some kid, who looked 16-19. Asked if he could sit next to us, with plenty of seats still available. He looked interesting and I said go for it. He then talked the whole 45 minute ride back about in his words how fucked up society is. He doesn't believe in working with the wage system that is in place. He said he wasn't lazy, but just didn't want to work. Entertaining enough.

This moring slept in once again and then got Brian back in the city. He needed to catch a bus to the airport. Finally I had a black and white cookie. You see them in every deli, bakery and I decided there must be something good about them. Not really, they are overrated. I have found ants again in my room. It seems Brian left some food in here. However I found out I am not the only one with an ant problem, a girl two rooms down does too. That brings us to now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home