The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Sunday, June 09, 2002

Today was relaxing day. I wanted to do some laundry but it costs 2.25 a load and thats hard to do when all you have is some random change. I worked out a bit and then shot some hoops. I have no atheletic ability. The weather here was just too nice not to be outside. Not else was new, talked to some of the people I first met when we got here.

I also did a lil grocery shopping and did an intersting calculation. I saw the same bottles of water for sale that you buy in the city. In the city 16 ounces for 1.50. Now at the grocery store I could buy a pack of 24 for 6 bucks. So lets say if a vendor buys his from a grocery store (he probably gets them wholesale, which would make them cheaper) But for the calculation sake. If he buys them for $6, he makes $30 profit per case. Im sure he can get rid of a case per hour. So 30 bucks an hour, plus whatever else he sells. Doing the math, he makes hella a lot more than I do, just a little random thought.

I decided I needed to grocery shopping for eating out for lunch and several dinners was adding up. However the food in the city is just so good, convient, and Im lazy and hate cooking. I see a lot of PB&Js and cereal in the future. While I wasa in the checkout aisle some lady made a comment on my shirt. We talked like a minute or so and then she went off on this tangent saying I don't why Im talking to you. I guess its because of the bad day I've been having. Pretty psycho.

Well tomorrow is week two for the internship

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home