The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Monday, June 24, 2002

It seems to be that it might become more of a challenge for me to access my journal for my computer will be unplugged till school starts, however I will still try and write to it from work when the occasion arises. Reason being is that Adam and I have now moved to what is pretty much in the Bronx. To give you an idea of location, we are close to 215th street. Grand Central and Time Square is at 42nd street. So about a 170 blocks away from midtown. We are on the first floor of an apartment building next to a park. A co worker of mine has a friend who is going to S. America for business and pleasure and was looking for someone to sublease. Unable to do so, we were offered the place rent free (do have to pay for utilities) as long as we take care of her two cats. The place isn't the greatest, but it's not bad either. There is an A/C in the bedroom and cable TV which is a plus. I'd have to say the worst thing though is the cat hair. We have made the bedroom cat free and make sure the door is always closed. Still, I'm sure it will end up on everything. However saving a 1000 dollars seems to outweigh the cost.

Saturday was the day we left, we ate dinner at the same place we ate when we had arrived. Good ol Doubledays, its pretty good. Sunday after sleeping in, I went to the city looking for a birthday gift for Elle. I didn't have that much luck, plus I really don't care to shop. That was pretty much the extent of the day.

While even though we are now closer to the city, it still takes about the same time to get to work. I now ride the subway, and have to only switch once. A train to the 7. Let me tell you what, it gets hot in those subways. Luckily the cars themselves are air conditioned. Alright well I need to go FedEx some advertisements that promote cancer and mouth disease. My favorite part of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home