The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Monday, July 08, 2002

Today has been a slow day, a day in which you pass the time dreaming.

I wonder if there truly is a job I will like to go to. Or is work just work, something you find that will help you earn a modest living. I hope thats not the case. I want a job that excites me. I want to know that the blood going through my veins is not going to be content typing up memos or working out numbers. I want a challenge that I care for and in the end I hope it entails helping others. On the extreme end, I really think I wouldn't mind not working. I'd like to travel and see the world. I'd like to take in everything I can. Like today I was looking online at plays and events through out the city. If I had the time and more importantly the money I bet they'd all be worth seeing. If not enjoyable, maybe there would be a lesson learned.

I remember when I was a kid and wondered what I'd look like in highschool. Everyone seemed so much bigger. Then you get to highschool and by your senior year you think you know everything, or at least everything that you deem important. College taught me and I'm sure many others elsewise. I find it exciting not knowing what's going to happen in the next few years. At the same time I know I will graduate by next December. I realize the career I choose might not necessarily be the one I will grow old with, but it does make you wonder what is ahead. I wonder when the time comes if I will be enticed by dollar or risk it and go down a different path. I know Texas will not be home, but at the same time will I be able to find a job in an environment that interests me. Leaving Montana I could not wait to live in a place that was diffferent and not so isolated. College Station is close to big cities and now I'm living in one of the largest. All I can think about is, while this is an amazing experience I need to go to a place where there is more grass than concrete. Where there are more jeans than dress pants.

I see myself as being independent, but yet I don't want to graduate and be alone in a new enviroment. I'd like to have some friends in the same city. I'm not one that needs to hang out all the time, but one who is not content with just being with myself. Well there's some Dave thoughts for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home