The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Wednesday, July 03, 2002

One more day of work and then its time for a 4 day vacation. I can't wait. I'm planning on seeing the fireworks and then going to the Hamptons for a day or so with Elle. Last Monday, Adam and I continued with the Bryant Park movies and saw the classic The Grapes of Wrath. I realize the movie is about the Great Depression, and it depicted the challenges a family would face. However sitting down and watching this movie makes you depress as well. Not because of the greatness of acting, it's just very boring.

Last night Adam and I made it to a baseball game. Outside I had the best NYC hot dog yet, also the most expensive. So instead of waiting in line to get tickets, we buy some bleacher seats from a scalper. They were like 2 dollars more than they should have been so no complaints there. We wait in line to get into the stadium only for a security guard to tell us backpacks aren't allowed. Now I wouldn't have brought one in the first place, but coming straight from work left me really no choice. Across the street there was a bag check area, for 5 bucks a person. I had two dollars, so that wasn't going to work. Since Adam also had a back pack we had to head back to the apartment. We finally made it back to the stadium close to a hour and a half later. It was the bottom of the fourth so there was still plenty of game left.

We had these cheap seats in the back bleachers, but I'm thinking it was the best place to sit. We were with the "Bleacher Creatures." The fans out there are ruthless, but in the funniest way. They were making fun of other Yankee fans all around them. The stuff they said was just hilarious. Yankess ended up winning 10-6 or so. There was a grand slam in 7th by the Yankees which was pretty exciting and sent many fans home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home