The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Monday, July 15, 2002

Ok well I'll now continue my weekend story. I had to eat lunch and actually do work related tasks. After the bars we walked back to the hostel. It was a long walk, but at least we were feeling good. The next morning we slept in and then got ready and headed out to the Cape. We got sort of lost looking for a Ferry, but finally found it and headed to Martha's Vineyard. It was there that I finally was able to do what I had wanted to do since we got into Mass. In Boston, since the roads go every which way I thought it would be cool to see the city by moped. I checked around and not one place rented them. It is a business opportunity that I am thinking about, however I would need to find something to keep myself occupied during winter. Anyways....we get to Marthas Vineyard, put on our helmets and headed on out CHIPs style. Excpet we weren't cops and couldn't get the the bikes above 30. Martha's Vineyard is absolutely gorgeous. It's what New England should look like or at least what I expected it to look like. So we rode around for three hours or so.

One thing that was interesting was that there were a lot of Texans. I was wearing my A&M shirt and got a lot of Gig Ems and stuff like that. Had even some UT girl come up to me. Oh which reminds me in one of the historic (BORING) places in Boston we stopped by an Aggie came up to me, class of 2000. After the Vineyard, we get back on a ferry go in our car and head back to NYC.

Massachusettes was a new state for me to go to, and on the way back I was able to add another. Rhode Island. It's funny to me that the smallest state in the US has more people than Montana. Gives you an idea of just how desolate the state can be. The drive seemed pretty long. We get into Dobbs Ferry to leave Adams car and wait for the last train to take us into the city and more importantly our stop of Marble Hill. We get to sleep after 1 am. It is safe to say that I'm dead tired. On the hour commute into the office this morning I was afraid to close my eyes due to the fact that there would be a chance I would miss my stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home