The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Monday, July 29, 2002

I can say it's been an eventful last few days. Friday there was not a thing to do, so my boss told me to ahead and go for the day. Since I'm alone I really didn't have any plans so went over to Grand Central and ate and read over there. I bought a newspaper called the "The Big News" It's put on by homeless trying to improve their lives. A guy came down and sat next to me and told me about it, so I kind fealt like I should go ahead and buy it from him.

I decided to go check out a few art museums. The first one PS1, is the Contemporary Art Institute. All I can is there is some messed up stuff in that place. I realize almost anything can be considered art by someone, but I just don't see how a video of a guy dressed like a devil dancing which was played on a TV in the corner of a room is art. It's funny though. Also the buildling was old and looked like an old school house. The bathroom in basement had speakers playing creeping music and was only lit by orange Christmas like lights. There was also a dummy hanging in there spinning. There's no way I could take a dump in there without getting freaked out.

Afterwards I headed to the Museum of Modern Art. While a much nicer art museum it was 9 bucks and I didn't feel it was worth it(I'm not the greatest art fan). However there were some nice pieces from Seurat, Picasso, Van Gough, Warhol, etc.. I then headed back to Manhattan and started on the second Harry Potter book.

Saturday I wasn't do anything really but sleeping in. I was a reading a book when Elle called. She has decided to break up with me. I don't want to get into it any further, but all I will say is being all alone in NYC and depressed isn't the greatest. I'm looking forward to getting back home.

After the call I needed to get out of the apartment. I went to a bench to read and write. Once again I saw an event that proved to me how rude people are here. There was a lady probably in her early 70's and a guy in his late 50's, early 60's. The old lady put on makeup and was looking in her compact mirror. The guy in a sarcastic tone was like you don't need that you're already good looking and was laughing. A guy who looked sort of trashy also started laughing as he overheard the conversation. I wish I was larger for I would have said some things. Still on the bench the trashy guy at one point tried to get my attention by waving his arms around, conductor like. I took of my headphones and said, what? He started laughing, so I put on my headphones. Within five minutes he was at it again, but looking at me directly. So I asked him what again. He was like I'm hungry and there's a McDonalds do you think you can give me a bit of money. I was like, No there is no way I'm giving you money. He didn't look happy and neither was I.

That night I knew I needed to get out. I went to see the new Austin Powers movie(funny, but losing it's charm) and so met up with Ty at NYU. The dorms there are nice and have a pretty cool view too. Here's a word of advice when ordering something at the cashier just don't point to it and say that looks good. I tried that at Ben and Jerrys and the guy looked at me as if I should know what it was.

Sunday I didn't feel like doing anything. I knew I needed to keep my mind busy and did some laundry and continued reading Harry Potter. I'm almost done so that's exciting.

It is starting to get real hot again with high today and tomorrow around 96. I am looking forward to getting back to Texas and hope these next two weeks or so fly by. It isn't looking like that will be the case as it's only 12:15 and seems I've been here longer. There is some drama at work as the client has now requested it'll take over production of the creative. This means someone will probably lose their job and it also shows the that they might try and not use the agency all together, slowly killing it. The people I work around the most are quite depressed as so am I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home