The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Thursday, July 25, 2002

So I am holding down the fort here at EPB. Everyone on my account is either on vacation or with the client in Connecticut. What does that leave me to do? Absolutely nothing. I've read all day long and have now finished the Harry Potter book, the first one. I plan on reading the other ones this week. I also must say, the movie follows the book quite closely. Other than that nothing else exciting. Lunch was definitely my high point.

Yesterday I met up with a second cousin I've never seen before. His name is Chuck and he and a partner have an architect firm. It is located in SoHo which is a very nice part of town. He took me to dinner in Little Italy, where we met up his sister and wife. The place was enjoyable. You don't even get to look at a menu, they just keep bring you food. One thing that was entertaining is that they have a this contraption that is shaped sort of like a penis. Basically you know its a penis for it has two ball like lights close together to resemble obvisiouly the balls. Then a regular light bulb at the end of a pipe. So there is this cord you pull, causing the end to raise to the ceiling hitting a trigger which causes it to light up. I really have no idea why it's in the restaraunt, but it was. Only drunks seemed to pull it. Which isn't a good thing since they seemed pretty rough with it. While we were there twice the end light bulb shattered. Wouldn't surprise me if glass got into peoples nearby foods.

Nothing else really excited happened. On the way home I got on the C instead of the A train. It's no big deal, just the C has more stops and doesn't go as far as the A. So I'm here reading, listening to my headphones and have oblivious to the world around me. I didn't realize that we were stopped, and more importnatly didn't realize there was no one else on the train. So some conductor came into the car and yelled at me, telling me to leave. Ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home