The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Tuesday, July 23, 2002

I'm trying to think of what has happened, but my I really can't remember if anything big happened last week. Friday the 19th, Adam and I went to a club with some of his co-workers. They thought it would be fun to take him to a strip club and wanted me to come along. Supposedly the place is a dance club, and that turns into a strip club at 1am. Well, it didn't and I must say I wasn't all that dissappointed. It was hilarious though cause we were at this club called Jazz. It was in the heart of Harlem. Adam and I were the only white guys there and we some looks. We just thought it was one of the funniest things. While we were out of our element and we couldn't have had more fun.

The next day we slept in and then decided to head into the city and check out the Upper West Side. We got on the 1 train and exited at Columbia university. Columbia is an absolute gorgeous school. It surprised me, for NYU has buildings through out the city, with streets going through them and what not. Columbia however has a real campus feel. It is surrounded by iron gates and makes you forget how you are in USA's largest city. Columbia is on 116th street. After that we would walk down to 42nd street. It was a good hike. On the way down, we stuck to Broadway for the most part. We saw the restaraunt you always see in Seinfield, and then we saw the real Kramer. Supposedly Kramer's character was based around this guy. He was giving a tour. On the walk down we saw Lincoln center and that's really about it. We also saw this guy dressed up like an angel, but he was really weird, for he wasn't on a busy street corner trying to get money. Just sitting on a bench, it was odd but amusing. Oh if you are ever in the city and want a good hot dog, go to Gray Papayas. They are cheap and beat any street vendor.

At some point we made into Time Square and decided to go see a Broadway show. What could be better than seeing Uncle Jessie from Full House in a show. We didn't think anything could be so we bought tickets for Cabaret, staring John Stamos. The show didn't start for awhile, so we decided to take a subway back to the apartment, shower and change and get back to the show. However there was a power outage and the A train wasn't going anywhere. So we found a place that has several eateries and more importantly A/C and just sat awhile. We then got some dinner. I went to this place called the food emporium. They had prewrapped sushi and at the time it sounded good. It wasn't.

At 8pm the play starts. It was pretty amusing, but the plot threw me for a total loop. The theater is in the old Studio 54 club, which made me wonder what it would have looked like back in the day. Afterwards we walked outside and Adam ran into someone he knew from A&M. They were going to some bars and we talked for some time. We would have probably joined them, but you can say Adam and I weren't dressed for the occasion. Hanging out a bit more we decided to head back to our apartment. It was good to see that A train was up and running.

Sunday we pretty much hung out. Monday I was in meetings. Today there really isn't anything for me to do. So I'm thinking it'll end up being a long day. Thankfully I'm in the advertising business and have a lot of magazines at my disposale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home