The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Tuesday, August 13, 2002

This past weekend was the last one in the Big Apple for me. What else to do, but go explore. Friday I hung out at the apartment and read, but then met up with a friend at Union Square for a late night dinner. We went to Blue Water Grill and had some good seafood. I guess it must be pretty good because the earliest reservation we could get was at 10:30. Afterwards we went back to his NYU dorm and hung out.

Saturday I slept in and then decided if NYC is the one of the greatest cities to shop I might as well buy something. I walked around quite a bit and realized just how much I don't like shopping. I ended up with a one long sleeve shirt and a t-shirt. Afterwards it was getting pretty hot so I decided to go check out the movie Signs and get a lil A/C at the same time. I recommend the movie, it was a good flick. Heading for the exit I saw how Road to Perdition was about to start. I figure hey, if I spent 10 bucks for a ticket I might as well get to see two shows. So I snuck in. That also is a good movie. Afterwards I grabbed some Subway and then took the subway on home.

Sunday I wasn't planning on doing anything, but read. However I kept on thinking I need to go out because it'll be awhile before I am back here. I hadn't been to Brooklyn yet so what to do but go there. I checked out an area called Willliamsburg. I then went to their large park called Prospect. They have the Brooklyn Botantical gardens and it was listed in a book I have to be one of the must sees. I saw for a student it only cost a buck fifty. Obvisiouly that isn't bad so I went ahead. However not with more than ten minutes walking along the paths and looking at plants I asked myself why. Sure it didn't cost much, but plants aren't my thing.

Yesterday at work I was suppose to go to a photo shoot, watch them take photos of a coffee machine for the packaging. However there was a UST(the account I'm on) meeting and felt I should attend. I never ended up going to the shoot, but must say I wasn't all that dissappointed.

Last Spring break I bought a fake watch, that I soon would realize didn't work. I was determined to go back to Chinatown and get one that does. I walked and walked and walked. I was only going to go to one or two more before I gave up. Then there it was, a watch that I caught my eye. I hadn't seen one like it at all the other places. I payed the 10 bucks, had them adjust the size and I was on my way. What even makes this watch all the better. I looked at it this morning and it was accurate. Also in Chinatown, since the cologne is considered to have "fallen off the truck" I figured it would be a good chance to get the real thing at a much discounted price. I love how you haggle prices with them. Here's some dialogue.

How much?
22
Nevermind(knowing he'd say make a deal)
I give you good price
I'm thinking 15
You can't get it for fifteen.
Well thanks anyways
Sir, wait, 17.
No, I'm only willing to pay 15
Come on, you need to compromise. You are being cheap.
Hey I just only want to spend 15, started walking away
Ok sir, just for you 15.

After that I was getting hungry and grabbed some good ol Popeyes chicken around Times Square. Then back on home afterwards. I must have ridden 6 different trains in all yesterday.

Today I have been busy with billing. The billing guy is an idiot and my supervisor just goes crazy. I admit it's ridicolous. I went through 30 invoices or so, and I'd say 10 were correct. He never gets them perfect each month, but by far this has been the worst.

For lunch my supervisor and another guy took me out. It was really great just to sit and talk with them. I wonder what is in store for them down the road, where they will end up, or go to next. Again times like these make wonder why we meet the people we do. I don't think I'll ever see anyone here in the office ever again after tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home