The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Friday, August 02, 2002

The coolest NYC experience.

So who might you see in Maxim, Rolling Stones, etc. ME. Today was the photo shoot I had been invited to. While I didn't think they would choose me they ended up doing so. It was so crazy. I was at this badass studio in SoHo. The campaign is for the satellite radio company Sirrius. Anyways the ads will show face shots of people dressed like the music they listen to. A good example is a guy wearing western wear to show he listens to country. What they had me wear was punk stuff. So I met with the stylist and tried on a few things. I ended up wearing a small black tank top, dog collar kind of neckace, some crazy bracelet and a lip ring. They then sent me to a hair stylist who made my hair crazier than it usually is.. I've gotten some looks since. It'll take forever to shower it all out tonight.

Anyways the took a couple rolls of film and I was done. I just thought it was such an amazing experince. It was what I always thought it would look like. Way too many people than needed, tables full of good food and people drinking all these healty drinks. It was fun just to talk to the models in the back. One was from europe and she was just funny. It was also funny because the photographer and the client representative just thought I looked funny as punk. They were like you are just too nice of a southern kid. I had to agree. So Monday or Tuesday I find out if I made the cut and will appear in the magazines. I hope so, but I'm not counting on it. Even so I can't emphasize how much fun it is and they memory I have from it.

I also hung out with a coworker that day who I never really had the chance to. She and I just had the greatest time making fun of each other and even getting lost finding the place. It's too bad I'm just meeting her now or it would have been fun to hang or chit chat with her. Afterwards I headed to Grand Central and read and ate dinner. I decided to see if the internet cafe in Times Square was open and in fact it was. Which brings us to now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home