The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Monday, August 05, 2002

Determined to see a play

Twelfth Night, a Shakespear play in Central Park was something that I thought would be fun to check out. It's been going on for a month or so and only has one weekend left. The play is filled with stars such as Julia Stiles, Oliver Platt, Christoper Loyd, and the list goes on. Now the play is free and I had heard how you have to get there early when they start handing out tickets at 1pm. So Saturday I got there at 9:30 and the line was four blocks long. I was in a section that was questionable, but in my opinion was a definite no. I didn't stay long and was determined to see it then on Sunday.

Sunday I was much better prepared. I woke up early and was in the subway station by 6:30 in the morn. I got to the park by 7:15 and there was already quite the line. I was in definite good standings. I was also much better prepared with a sack lunch, four water bottles, cd player, something to sit on and a book. Thankfully there were trees for it was a definitely hot day. Also fortunately there was someone behind me in line that was alone too. Her name was Jenn and was in mid twenties. We both just talked for pretty much the whole time and played some games she had. It definitely made the time go by quicker. Afterwards I headed back to the apartment and took a nap.

The play was well performed and funny. However the plot as a whole I was not able to follow all that well. Shakespear as a whole I'm just not able to follow. It was still a good time. And hey it was free too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home