The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Update - Week of 1/14/07-1/20/07

Wall Street Journal
This last week I was on the road. Another week where I was able to pick up a copy of the Wall Street Journal daily. Again I was able to go through most of the "Marketplace" sections, but was not able to finish the "Money and Investing" sections. Since I'm staying put this week I should be able to get through them.

Book - Undaunted Courage
Author - Stephen Ambrose
Rating - TBD
Review - My goal was to allow myself two weeks to finish a book, well it appears I'll need to do that this time around. This book discusses the travels of Lewis & Clark in 1804-1806. It's truly a fascinating read and I enjoy reading excerpts from Lewis's personal journal. The men that accompanied him truly are explorers in the greatest sense. Their efforts are commendable, how America would later displace the Native Americans is not.

GMAT
Studied on both Saturday and Saturday over the various English/Reading Assessment sections. I have a ways to go until I feel perfectly comfortable to take the test. However already completing the major sections (not including the essay) of the test I feel I have an understanding of what the GMAT will cover. These next few months I will be able to focus on areas that I need the most assistance.

MBA, Scholarships, Research more into what degree/focus and where I would like to attend
After receiving several responses to my MBA/GMAT email I have received more guidance. There are several friends I will need to follow up with this week as they said it'd be easier to discuss over the phone.

Songs (just something for you to enjoy)
1. Damien Rice "9 Crimes"
2. City and Colour "Save Your Scissors
3. The Decemberists "The Crane Wife 1 & 2"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home