The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Update: Week of 1/7/07-1/13/07

Wall Street Journal

Since I'm back to traveling I was able to pick up a copy every day. I finished all the "Market Place" sections, but I do have a ways to go on the "Money and Investing." Nothing all that exciting to report. Airline Mergers, iPhone, GE selling plastics, etc.

Book - The World is Flat (version 2.0)

Author - Thomas Friedman

Rating - 4 out of 5 Stars

Review - This is the first book, column, article I've read by Thomas. I now can say I would like to read more of his work. He paints a very interesting picture on globalization and what it means to the world and more importantly the US. I agreed with his standpoint on a lot of issues. In the beginning he talks about what has made the world flat (meaning, how technology has rapidly changed societies and how doors have been opened as a result). Later in the book he shares his opinions on the state of education, the environment, terrorism, etc. My only gripe is that I believe he can get his word out in a shorter amount of pages. It becomes drawn out at times. Still, I think anyone that is interested in learning about the world and what that means for us and our careers should pick it up.

GMAT

- Studied several hours this weekend. Continued to review the Princeton Review book. Completed the rest of the math sections which was composed of algebra, geometry, and data sufficiency. I plan on studying more of everything, but those last two sections proved to be more difficult than others. I am still on track to finish this book some time in March

MBA, Scholarships, Research more into what degree/focus and where I would like to attend

- Sent out email to all of those that I'm aware of that have pursued a masters degree in the business world. Doesn't need to be an MBA per se. Looking for general guidance on taking the GMAT, applying, choosing a school, scholarships, etc. Hopefully I'll learn some good information as a result. Help from anyone is appreciated.

Songs (just something for you to enjoy)

1. Pete Yorn "For Us"

2. Rocky Votolato "Portland is Leaving"

3. Wax Tailor "How I Feel" ...awesome cover

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home