The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Monday, April 14, 2003

After my journey, its always time to do laundry. Now there is this one shirt I usually throw in with the colors, but since that load was full I thought why not, go ahead and throw in with the white. This shirt is white with green sleeves, softball style. Now I have washed this shirt many times and never once did the sleeves blead onto the shirt itself. I was in the clear. Not so. After the wash I noticed everything had a slight green tinge. Took out the shirt, washed everything again. At 3 bucks a pop, not too happy. Still after that wash, a green color was noticeable, even if slightly

Today, buy bleach. I walk up and down the aisle hoping to find good ol Clorox. Not to be found, I asked a lady about bleekmiddel(bleach in Dutch). She pointed me towards toilet bowl cleaner. Now I am sure that there is bleach is in this cleaner, but I just don't think Toilet Duck was meant for my clothes. I walked up the detergenant aisle a bit more until I found something meant for whites. I hope it works.

Sad news: My roommate leaves tomorrow for Paris and then that weekend heads home to the ol US. He is the guy I get along the best with. There is a chance he might come back at the end of the week. NYU is considering putting him on academic probation for leaving the program early. Who knows. I guess a room to myself won't be all that bad.

More sad news. The weather is continually warming up. Its in the mid 70s. Now this is usually a good thing, but it just makes me wonder how May and the beginning of June will be. The dorm is already a bit warm, and with no AC can only get hotter. I also think the library and Business school don't have this modern convience. Let's hope they do.

Worst News: Budget. Yesterday marked the two month day. Two months till I am in Texas. It was also a day I was looking at my bank account and was disappointed. I had set a limit that I didn't want to go over. Well I am already there, and still have two months to go. Two months is a long time. Looking over the finances it seems most of it was spent while I was travleing. Food, hostels, and the traveling itself seems to add up relatively quickly. It is because of this I don't see myself going anywhere this block. Luckily I've already done a considerable amount of traveling. However if anyone has some extra money and can throw it my way it would be greatly appreciated. Mom, Dad, I know you are reading this...hint hint. I'm just kidding, I should be able to manage...hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home