The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Saturday, March 29, 2003

So I made an interesting discovery this week. There is no midnight in Europe. Europe uses military time, something that took me a little bit of time to get use to. So back to this whole midnight thing. Clock ticks.....23:58...23:59...0:00. At that moment I thought for a moment that time does not exist. Now there is no parallel universe that forms, but it really just doesn't look right when you are staring at those red LED lights. I was talking to my roommate, and I was like we should go crazy right now, put cooking pots on our head and bang pans with wooden spoons and go up and down the halls. All the while yelling of course. This wasn't the first time such thoughts had gone through our heads. A couple weeks back the power went out and we didn't know what to do. I would have been an interesting character in the Lord of the Flies

Last night had a French girl cook us a 4 course meal. It was good. I think I am going to start cooking more when I get back to Texas. I really should find a cooking for singles/bachelors course because I'll be on my own before I know it. If anyone knows of such a thing offered at A&M let me know.

Since I leave on a trip sometime next week I decided to find some books for the train. I found this cool bookstore that had a lot of used paperbacks in English. They were listed by author, and since I dont know that many authors I would mainly look at the cover, if it interested me I'd read the back of the cover. Bestsellers, Pultzer prize winners are a plus too.

What else...I dont know if I ever mentioned it in the journal, but there is this dead bird still stuck between a wall and carving at a church. I don't really know how it got there. Its a pretty big church, but then there it is. Kind of disturbing and I see it almost everyday.

So the big news of the week. Right before I could drop my class, I went ahead and did so. I used a Q drop, my first. While doing so is very Aggie of me, one of my goals was to go through A&M without using one. Our group was never that effective from the beginning, I wish that wasn't the case. Part of me even has the desire to retake the class so that I can learn from my failure. Part of me never wants to work with a group of Dutch students again. I guess I have that hard working American ethic. So if I do have any more projects hopefully I will be with a group of Germans. Anyways I talked to my professor and he had no words of encouragement. Basically he had no words, wasn't a help at all. Oh wait, just like all faculty and employees here in lovely Maastricht no help. I know I'm being negative, but it is meant to be taken light heartedly. You become accustomed to what you are use to, and I'm use to A&M. However I have adapted I guess you could say. I am working on my final now for the other class. It is two essays. You have to cite sources and so on. Funny, 3 and a half years as a Business major at A&M haven't written a paper. So this should be some good practice. Library is closing and I wish I had access to the computer for longer. Its hard to do these papers without them. Youd think during finals they would extend the hours. Nope, library open only 7 hours a day on the weekend, and closes at 10 at night on the weekday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home