The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Tuesday, March 25, 2003

I was planning on writing about nice the weather has been, sunny, temps in the 60's', but then today its sort of the opposite. Somewhat cold, cloudy, and will probably rain. Still, playing outside has been nice.

I have finally started to cook a bit more in Guesthouse. What use to be a staple diet of sandwiches(PB&J and Grilled ham and cheese) has now changed. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and bought chicken, pasta, a lot of vegetables, eggs, and yes some sandwich bread. A change none the less. Another complaint about Europe; the 1 and 2 euo coins. For some reason, probably due to the fact I've become accustomed to 1 dollar bills I despise these coins. Since I hate having change in my pocket I always spend them rather quickly. Whats worse is yestderday they were out of these coins at the cash register. So I got about 5 euros worth of coins in 20 cent and 50 cent pieces....great. After I bagged my groceries (another complaint) its back to the Guesthouse. Grocery shoping becomes a workout all together. I have my backpacked filled with groceries and then two plastic bags(heavy duty ones I might add) in each hand. By the time I'm in my room after the 10-15 minute walk back, all blood is drained from my fingers as they are as white as can be.

The only other thing I can think to talk about is fear. Lately a lot of people have become worried about traveling here in Europe. Now I do understand that there is conflict in the world, but I do not see a direct threat where we are at. I honestly believe that if you start changing your daily habits, your routine, then the opponent has one. You can not let fear control your actions. My one roommate is heading back to New York after this first block, but hasn't booked his ticket yet because of concerns of the war. He has a better chance of getting into an accident taking the taxi home from the airport than he does on the flight. You have to live life the way you want to live it. Not the way others want you to live.

Oh, my project management groups is worthless. There are a few guys who have missed more class than have attended. Once I meet up with the professor this week (this is if I can, with him not having office hours of any sorts) I will probably drop the class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home