The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Thursday, April 17, 2003

I finally found a place here in Maastricht that plays jazz. Now it wasn't live music, but its going to have to do.

Ok, so I had problems registering for a course back home. I thought I could take it, found out I couldn't, tried to switch but missed my small window they gave me of 48 hours. So I decided to go ahead and email the professor about seeing if I could get forced in. Here's an excerpt from his reply

"I'll print your e-mail and give it to our program adminsitrator who will get
you on the official roster.

Before you fully commit to the class, I do want to alert you to a slight
change I'm making. because of severe budget cuts, I'm being paid about half
of what I received for the same course the past 3 summers. So I will teach
the class with enthusiasm, but there will be no papers, quizzes, tests, etc."

Honestly could I ask for anything better. The professor in the rest of his email sounds interesting, the kind of guy who is really there for the students and loves the subject. Also it was good to hear him say he will get me on the roster when I've had problems trying to get a hold of my advisor.

Well this week it looks like I might be going for a country side drive. The tulips are in bloom and weather is beautiful. Oh I need to mention the group I'm with wants to rent a car and they can't drive stick. So it looks like I will get to do some driving. Windows down, radio on, and Maastricht in the rear view mirror...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home