The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Wednesday, April 16, 2003

Seeing as I have absolutely nothing to really do here in Maastricht I decided to go ahead and get a jump start by reading my marketing book. Its not that bad of an idea when I realized I have to have read all 20 chapters at then end of 6 weeks. Not so much to read, but memorize. Thats how exams go over here. You don't learn much in class, more or less they want to see if you were able to understand the book completely. So the class is services marketing and here I am in the library outlining the chapters. It keeps on mentioning books or studies composed by a Len Berry. This is the same professor I have heard speak to us at a Fellows meeting back at A&M. It is the same Mr. Berry that teaches services marketing back home. So if I didn't take the class here I could have experienced the real thing. Then I realize I don't care all that much and just want a high grade and credit for the course.

As it gets warmer I leave my window more open. Once again showing how the Dutch are stupid there are no bug screens. This is not because insects don't exist. It's my conclusion that they are cheap just like in everything they do. It drives me crazy grocery shopping and before they leave everyone is itemizing their receipt. Heaven forbid if its off by 23 euro cents. Anyways I had to kill a bee in my room.

It also amuses me how I have things I could be doing. Like writing a marketing paper for a class back home or trying to start my full time job search. All these involve having a computer, but I can only stand being inside a library so long. Since its also a 15-20 minute bike ride away I feel its only worth going to once. Recommendation for those studying abroad: bring a computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home