The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

I went grocery store shopping yesterday and I've pretty much have fallen into a routine. All I eat is pasta, quesidillas, PB&Js, cereal, salad, yogurt, and fruit(this I change up). Pretty boring, but when others cook it is always something different and usually good. I wish I had a cook book, but then I look at everything that is packaged and usually have no idea what it is. So anyways my deodarant is getting low, still have a good week or so, but I figured Im at the store go ahead and pick up another stick. Now Im hoping for an American brand, I got to aisle and now I was just hoping to find deodarant. They had one brand and one type, a roll on. I'm not a fan of the roll on. I like the stick. There's a better grocery store I'll check out. Maybe thats why a lot of people smell, including the guy directly next to me.

Another random side thought: Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night because of a sound or something going on. You're awake, but really at the same time are asleep. You have no idea whats going on and it takes too much effort or time to comprehend whats going on around you. Last night I woke up to people yelling, at around 5 am. I think the kids from UNC were still partying. Anyways I heard a lot of cussing and a lot of shut ups. I think it was the Asians who were mad, because I think UNC people were being loud. But I can't be for sure since I was in that half aware state. Still I found it amusing. Through the airvents you can hear conversations from throughout the hall.

I had my first day of European Community Law. There are a ton of exchange students. I'd say half of the 90+ students or so. This is a huge lecture class for Maastricht, all my other classes never surpass 12. I like the smallness because you get to know others, but then you have to be more alert and up to speed with everything which is a negative. Anyways this class is not in the Business school, but some other building. Well Im the first one there and take a seat. I really shouldn't even be in a seat, but a pew. I'm inside a huge church. Stainglass windows, 50-60 foot tall ceilings, flying buttresses, everything. It's kind of cool, but once classes started I saw the downside you can't hear the guy too well. His voice just carries. Then if someone coughs or whispers, or squeaks their chair that is all you can hear. The professor is trying to get a different lecture hall for us to use. I hope so, because if I'm day dreaming or so I have to deal with Jesus in the stainglass window staring me down directly in front of me. I know he's like you are sinning Dave. Stop it Dave. Probably not, but its amusing to think about.

So this class was kind of intense. Not so much as outside work like my other classes just material. Its law. He talked pretty much two hours straight on it. My hand still hurts. Later we have to go buy copies of a lot of treaties and get to know them. Article XII, in section 3 paragraph 2 states.....Looking forward to that. There is also a book that goes along with it. The professor said its law so its boring. I don't expect you to be able to read more than 5 pages an hour. I just bought the book. The pages aren't that big, but I hope the material isn't that technical. I can think of a lot more I'd rather do in an hour than read 5 pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home