The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Update - Week of 1/21/07-1/27/07...a day late

Wall Street Journal
Last week I said "Since I'm staying put this week I should be able to get through them." I didn't. I may have skimmed a few sections, but there is still a pile of this paper at the foot of my bed. Maybe this week...

Book - Undaunted Courage
Author - Stephen Ambrose
Rating - 4 stars
Review - I didn't finish it in a week, but last night I was able to remove the bookmark and place on my shelf. The journey they took is incredible. This story follows Merriweather Lewis more so than William Clark. I particularly enjoyed the last few chapters as it explained what became of the two. Lewis committed suicide. Never published the journals himself. Served as a governor of Louisiana (when it was the Purchase and not the present Hurricane Katrina torn state). Clark would be involved in establishg Native American policies. A lil FYI...the journey and journals took almost a century to become a popular study.

Book - The Game - Penetrating the Secret Socity of Pickup Artists
Author - Neil Strauss
Rating 3.5 stars
Review - The name says it all. You know the saying "Hate the game, not the player" This book takes a personal account of someone who entered into the PUA (Pick Up Artist) underground club. There are terms and acroynms throughout. So much so that the author includes a glossary at the end. This book describes how this underground club grew and spun off workshops, phyiscal homes through out the world where PUAs would live together, how to approach, etc. Some could read it to learn. I read it out of curiousity. In the end he realizes the Game is dangerous and not self fulfilling. That the lives of these indiviuals have truly been wrecked. On a marketing related note the book is created to look like the bible. Leather bound, built in red ribbon book mark, gold edged pages, etc. A very creative touch.

GMAT
This weekend went and saw some Aggie basketball and then headed to Austin. As a result I didn't study. To make up for it I will study on a couple of weeknights this week.

MBA, Scholarships, Research more into what degree/focus and where I would like to attend
No major update to report

Songs (just something for you to enjoy)
1. Pete Yorn "Dancing in the Dark"
2. Nelly Furtado "Say it Right"
3. Imogen Heap "Just for Now"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home