The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Saturday, April 26, 2003

First week of classes has ended and I'm excited.

Friday I had to do a presentation on Virgin Atlantic Airways with my small group for services marketing. We met at 2pm the day before and worked out at 10 page paper, and a hour and a half Powerpoint slide show. Pretty impressive. It went well, but could have gone better if there was more interaction from the class, which it is suppose to be. Still talking to the professor, she seemed to think it was good and wished the class would have particpated more. She missed the first 15 minutes because of a late train. It was pretty funny presenting when she wasn't in there because we know the audience, our class doesn't care about what we are talking about. Due to time constraints we still had to go ahead. Two random side notes: I think the teacher likes me, not in that can I see you after class kind of way. But my group noticed it too, she sort of lights up when I talk or am able to contridict a student with research findings. I wonder how far I can go on charm alone. The other note is Virgin Atlantic is a pretty creative airline at least if you ride first class. They have tailors on board, massage table (with seatbelt), beauticians, and have other nice perks like serve ice cream. They do seem to be at the forefront in terms of innovativeness.

Last night I went to a Beer Cantus, something I did back in January when I arrived. You sing 80s songs and drink a ton of beer inbetween songs. Theres rules too, so if you screw up you have to do something on stage. While I didn't get sick, it is sort of ridicolous how much and how quickly you drink beer.

Dutch weather has kicked in. Raining. Not fun to go anywhere, yet I had to get to the library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home