The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Thursday, May 01, 2003

Well its been several days since I written. I wish I could say I've been traveling around or way too busy to write, but in essence it is quite the opposite. Its rather boring here lately. But here's some news. Monday our hall had a dinner. I cooked my egg dish. It was either that, pasta, or quesidillas. Since I lacked the ingredients for the the last two, eggs it was. Tonight Im also cooking up an egg dish. I've been the biggest mooch. The people I hang out with rotate cooking dinner, and I think I've only cooked three times for them. That comes out to like once a month. They like to cook though, and I do dishes. Fair trade.

So today I went grocery shopping. Finally found a stick of deodarant. Not much to really choose from. All they had was one brand. In the same aisle I saw a husband staring at Maxi pads. I felt sorry for him, he seemed lost. If I was in his shoes I would have felt the same. Still it made me smile, and shoot someday I probably will be in that position.

Ok, so getting to the grocery store, I have always walked outside and around the complex. I figure there has to be a way through the complex, rather than around. Today I discovered it. I live in a hospitol. Its really weird but I see patients walking down the halls every day. Well I walked down a staircase and through some halls. It was a whole new world to me, one in which I live in and never noticed. I found an orthodepic shoe store, a blace called body imaging(I think it might be tanning salon), and many doctors offices. Its strange, but in the end I have now found a shortcut. It only took me three months.

Other big news, in my kitchen here I have one frying pan. Yellowish, looks 70ish, and is hellish to clean. Well basically all the teflon on the bottom is gone. I have heard that you can get a new one at the front desk if you exchange it. So I decided to see if that was true. They were shocked when they saw the pan. I said its ok, I was still able to cook with it. She's like you're going to get cancer. Walking down a hallway to a supply closet with her, she was like thats very dangerous to have been using that. You probably won't get cancer, but you might. Who knew that teflon was so bad for you. It wasn't like I was eating chunks of it. I guess I'll be back here in 30 years to sue the place.

Random side note, there is a security guard walking through the computer lab, he makes sure we aren't eating, but he also turns off the Num Lock key. Some other people have noticed this, and we think its to turn off the small light saving some energy. If this is the case, it only proves how cheap the Dutch are. It's ridicolous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home