The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Sunday, February 08, 2004

"How many bags are you checking in?"

I don't know. Technically two. A garmet bag and a suitcase. Still I am leaving to Michigan with much more. I am bringing a bag filled with memories, no carry on could contain. I am bringing joyous occasions, midnight conversations, and akward situations. I am bringing 23 wonderful years of me to Michigan. I've been asked if I am nervous about starting a new job. Honestly I'm not. If there's one thing I've taught myself is that I can achieve whatever I set my mind to. Anyone can, and everyone should.

What my mind has been drifting to is the relationships I've made, the college year ones. I've shared coffee and hugs goodbye these last weeks. During these moments when we say see you around, I wonder about the future. I wonder what will become of this amazing person, this person who has shaped and molded who I've become. This person who is so influential will be over a thousand miles away. I hope these people fade like a Polaroid picture. Instead of becoming a distant memory, that the picture like our friendship will get stronger as bonds tighten, all it takes is a little shaking.

When visiting bathrooms in homes throughout the US, it seems above most toliets there seems to be that cross stitched quote, "Home is where the heart is." Home is not Montana, Texas, or Michigan. My heart is with friends and family. You are what feels like home to me. I love you all and will miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home