The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Hello Concrete Pavement

At 8:51 this morning I put my pencil in my backpack and put that bubbled in grey scantron in the test basket. I was a free man walking down the stairs of the chemistry building and two thoughts crossed my mind. First, damn it's cold outside. Second, so I'm done huh?

The last 4 and a half years have built up to this moment. Ok, maybe they really build up to actually walking down the aisle, shaking President Gates hand, and receiving the diploma. However I know I passed my classes and I know in my heart I have received a college degree.

When I first started here at A&M, I'll admit I didn't enjoy it all that much. College life was not meeting my expectations. Today, my opinion of the place has not changed all that much. I still feel this school has a way to go if it really wants to become one of the truly great public schools in America. However I'd be lying if I said this school has not provided me with some amazing opportunities. I've worked in New York, studied business in Europe, and got to meet some truly remarkable people all along the way. Young and old. Now even though the job market is supposedly still tight, I have several offers with 2 of them being in my top 3. I am grateful.

This may just be my last post. Still with either job I take, come on we all know it's going to be Ford, I might be laying on that hotel bed bored and lonely with thoughts running through my mind. Still if I could leave any advice, unfortunately I'm too young for it to be words of wisdom, it'd be this: Never Settle, Always Dream. Life isn't about getting from point A to B, just as college isn't from Freshman Orientation to Graduation. Life is everything that happens inbetween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home