The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Friday, October 17, 2003

The Ellusive 6 Pack

The Rec. If you are an A&M student you have been there. It is this large building filled with all different sorts of sporting and workout equipment and more importanlty boys trying to impress(or look at) girls, and girls looking at guys. It's also a place I dread going to. What is it about these natural highs? Oh I just worked out and I feel so great. Bull shit. I just worked out and am sweating like a pig and smelling worse. I then hop into my stick shift car and it feels like I have to put all my strength into just to depress the clutch, my calf muscle quivering with each gear change. Then there's the stick, this little piece of metal that has to only move inches, but after a work out seems a good yard or so. I get back to the apartment and am tired and don't have much more energy. Then here's the kicker. I burned maybe 600 calories, but now I'm so hungry from working out I eat them right back up. A visicous cycle. Yesterday I worked out for the first time in a week and a half (I usually try to make it 3 times..lately twice). Anyways Im as sore as can be. Is that a benefit of working out? I don't think so.

Top 10 things I hate about the Rec.
10. The water in the water fountains is always warm
9. People who put there stuff in a locker, but don't lock it.
8. Carrying around that stupid towel. Sure it wipes up some of the sweat, but Im sure those foam seats absorb their fair share.
7. People who don't understand the concept of working in on a machine.
6. People who carry around their cell phones. Can you put away that little piece of plastic for a hour or so? Believe it or not there is something that is called voicemail where people can leave messages
5. I will end here because I'm tired of thinking of different things. My greatest annoyance though are people who camp out in the parking lot waiting for a spot. Isn't the point of going to the gym to get in shape, burn some calories? Because really, parking in Reed is just miles upon miles away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home