The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Friday, September 26, 2003

Technological glitches and crappy customer service.

Nature. I love it and try to embrace it. I also am very well aware that I live in a modern world where I have to have a car, be able to watch TV, and talk on a cell phone. Alas I am middle class American with a background in suburbia. Nothing to be ashamed of, but it can allow you to forget how fortunate you are. When something is no longer there whether it be a friend, relationship, or material position you realize how much it can can affect you. I am very dependent on a box with some components that move, beep and even light up now and then. Its a computer and something that in the last two decades has found itself in common households throughout the US.

Basically my computer has stopped functioning. It turns on and thats about all it does. Teasing me with the desktop icons that appear but don't open. A task bar at that bottom that can do no task. Is it broken because its an Acer, its sort of old, or that sweat shop labor wasn't up to par that day? I'm not for sure, thats why I am having it worked on. By the way, the last one was a joke and sweat shop labor is something that shouldn't have ever existed in the past and by no means should exist now. Well this whirling mechanical machine has my college life on it. Everything I've ever typed, downloaded, or scanned. Its all there within the grey metalic confines. I hate thinking how much I depend on computers, but in the end I do and that is just a fact of my so called life.

Best Buy has now had it for almost a week. I could write many paragraphs on this subject alone, but I won't. Im about to hop in the car and the public would be better off with one less road rage induced driver. To sum it off they have crappy customer service and don't seem to be know what they are doing and do an even better job of not telling me whats going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home