The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Sunday, September 07, 2003

Dave thinking...."you know what its time to start writing in this again."

This is my last semester at Texas A&M as an undergraduate and most likey forever. I call it my half victory lap. I am taking 9 hours, and while I no longer have the dream Tuesday and Thursday only schedule I have amazing professors. I am able to pay attention and more importantly want to pay attention to what they have to say. I still have a class with 300 plus students, helps me remember that A&M still considers you to be income for the most part.

Since I will be graduating in December, this is the semester where I try to find a full time position. Good luck with that. I have the credentials, lack the motivation. But at the same time I am on the ball and have been researching companies and dropping my resumes for companies coming to the Career Center. There's many companies that I just don't care for. Do I really want to sell plumbing fixtures to businesses? Nope. Do I want to be a store manager at the Buckle? Not at all.

I realize you get more out of something if you pursue it. You see the challenge and take it on with your own two hands and it is you that accomplishes a task. I'd prefer a job just handed to me.

It's really crazy for me to think about that in three months I will most likely know where my first job in the so called real world will begin. Now working in the automobile industry in Boston isn't even possible, but thats what I want. Next best thing would be a job in the automobile industry or working in Boston. Somehow I see myself starting off in Houston. As long as I don't have to rely on I-10 to get to and from I should be alright. The four seasons, the crispness of fall, the snow shoveling of driveways, and the other joys might have to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home