The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Wednesday, May 21, 2003

So they just made an annoucnement that the library is closing at 1pm. The reason. Because today is the official opening day. Makes me wonder why today is, since its been open from the time I got here. Why close it? The library is meant for the students.

Yesterday I went to the renovated grocery store. Good ol C1000. While it looks nicer, it isn't that much better. So this lady pointed in my basket at the Frosted Flakes. I had no idea what she was saying. So in English I said, "Yeah Frosted flakes are good." She just kind of stared at me.

Its one thing I've come to realize will be different coming back home. Everywhere around me is another language being spoken. It will be weird to be sitting next to strangers and know what they are saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home