The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Friday, May 09, 2003

Start with the bad end with the good.

European Community Law. I don't like it. It might be so much the material, no that is exactly what it is. I am so lost in that class its ridicolous. Refer to Article such in such, which then you will have to look up another article, but section three of that article. Endless numbers. Then we have to read these cases and because they are in such legal terms I have no clue what is going on. I feel as smart as a chicken. The professor doesn't help much either. I can not understand him because of his accent. Dutch, Spanish, French. I don't know, but Im pretty sure its annoyning. Yep thats it. Annoyning. Since I can't understand him anyways I dont care that he talks a mile a minute. Im so confused that even if he slowed down I would still be lost. I have so many issues with this school and Im looking forward to sitting down with the advisor back home and discussing them with her. I am taking the same classes as Europeans and even other Americans who are 27 years old and getting their MBAs. Hmmmmm does that seem fair. I'd have to say no. I am getting undergraduate course credit for a graduate level class. Thats bull shit. Plus my grades transfer on some messed up scale, that is if I pass the classes which honestly wouldn't surprise me if I didn't. Easily over half of the exchange students I've met have dropped or failed a course. I already dropped one, maybe I should fail just for kicks. Except I can't allow myself do that and have been in the library basically everyday this block.

Good news or I should say random. Talking to a German student in my class he mentioned how in highschool he was an exchange student for a year. I asked him where. He said Montana, and I was like oh thats where I group up. Told him Billings, he said thats where he went. We ended up going to good ol West High together. He was a senior there, my sophomore year. However we realized we had some of the same professors knew some of the same people. Biggest kicker was he was on the tennis team. While I didn't travel with varsity, I was at practice everyday and so was he. That is truly a small world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home