The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Friday, May 16, 2003

Who looks like a 12 year old? If ya guessed me, youd be right. I haven't had a haircut in almost two months, which for me is quite some time. It was really shaggy looking I decided to go ahead and get it cut at this Korean place that is cheap. Well seeing how English is there third language(not fluent) I guess I got what I should have expected. Its real short, but it doesn't really matter. It'll grow and I can always wear a baseball cap.

We got our grade back from the paper/presentation. We did good. Its funny looking over the paper, most of the marks came from the section the Dutch student worked on. I don't care all that much because our grade was better than what I thought it was going to be. What I do find funny is that I have hardly ever written papers using references and the such. Still I had an idea of what to do. During the editing phase the Canadian girl prefered her way of referencing. Sure maybe it is a legit style, but we got marked off for it in every way. This Canadian is so controlling and always thinks shes right. Well she aint, but I am. kidding

Tonight I leave for Paris, actually Brussels. We are catching a 6 am bus from Brussels to Paris tomorrow morning so that means we have to take the last available train to Brussels from Maastricht tonight. We will get into Brussels around midnight. So that is a good six hours of doing absolutely nothing in a train station. Why not take any earlier bus, like a Friday afternoon one you ask. Well the reason is sad in all honesty. Its because I didn't want to skip a class. Since I've been in Europe I've only skipped one class, and that was the class I ended up dropping. So guess what Im bringing to Paris too, a textbook. Exciting times. Im on a bus or a train long enough to get some reading done I figure. Anyways Im hoping in Brussels tonight there will be some bums to talk to. Im guessing we will try and find a bar and stay till close. I think Belgium is out to get me, for it won't be the first time I have to sleep there without a bed. Im looking forward to Paris, well mainly the Eiffle Tower. I'm sure its just ok, nothing special, but I've always wanted to see it. It will be a nice escape to get out of Maastricht for a bit before studying for finals kicks in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home