The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Today is a good day.

Our group just gave our presentation. We were creative and made it pretty group interactive. We made up a Jeopardy board (totally my idea). It made for a late night preparing and everything. In the morning our Powerpoint still wasn't exactly right. It was difficult to coordinate each our individual sections. We have a Dutch student in our group who was gone all weekend and couldn't meet up Monday till late in the afternoon. Stress is a funny thing. There's this Canadian girl who was in my group. Nice girl and all, but a little bit controlling. Then when things don't go the way planned, she freaks out. Maybe if she was more flexible then it'd be okay. I was in her room helping her with her part. We each chose our parts and she always thinks she has more to do than others, even though we all come to an agreement on who does what and make sure its equal. So I was in her room, listening to her complain. Jokingly trying to help her realize how small of an ordeal this, every five minutes Id be like stop bitching. You're driving me crazy. I'll leave you. Which made me think about why I stress. I was really relaxed about this paper/presentation. I knew it would come together and quicker if she was calm and took everything in that needed to be done and do one task at a time. It made me wonder then why I stress about my classes. I am in control, I should do fine on my exams. I've done pretty damn well in my four years of college. Its just school too, wait till I have a career and a family. Yet I still have my doubts about class, something I really need to work on. Is my stressing over? Unlikely. I will work my best to keep it to a minimal.

So heres a helpful hint on presentations. Prepare what you are going to say. Really know your material. Practice if need be. Dutch girl went first, she didn't use paper much but kept on saying uhmmm and pauses. The Canadian read her notes a lot, not looking at the group. I was a combination of the two. I spoke to the class not using my notes. However when I needed to use notes, I would have to try to find them. Wasn't the most suave way, but in the end it worked. This was really the first presentation I believe that I wasn't all that nervous.

Another reason for the good day. Im going to go grocery store shoppping. Many would dread this, but here is what is in my fridge (no lie) 2 limes (left over from the previous roommate), a tub of butter, an onion, salad dressing, and salad. Now this lettuce in a bag is kind of gross looking. Did I throw it out? Nope. I think its just a funny thing guys do. We leave it in there hoping that magically it will become edible. The pantry isn't much better. A thing of spaghetti noodles and half eaten jar of peanut butter. So its safe to say I need to hit up the store, plus the one I like is suppose to reopen today.

Looks like Im going to Paris, its not set, but I am going to the train station to see if I can get the discounted student ticket for this weekend or next.

Maybe the reason the most important reason why its a good day, THREE MORE WEEKS. Thats all there is left. 3 weeks. Also one month from today I will see that ol Lone Star flag waving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home