The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Good news and could have been better news.

Good news: Parents come into today. With only 40 euros left on me its a good thing they come in this afternoon.

Earlier this year I applied for a Business Today conference. Its an conference that brings in international students to New York where we learn some stuff on business. There are many corporate CEOs and other powerful members of business. Last year Ralph Nader was one of the key note speakers who I think would have been pretty interesting to listen to. Anyways its a conference put on in November and is all expenced paid. Flight, hotel, food. Not a bad deal. Heres where it could have been better. I got wait listed. I don't think that has ever happened to me. I either make it or I don't. Anyways they only wait listed 70 and are confident 20 of those will be allowed to attend. It depends on there summer fundraising efforts. Lets hope big business puts out some money because I really want to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home