The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Saturday, May 31, 2003

The end is coming

So I thought about that last night lying in bed trying to get to sleep, I have less than 100 hours till I am done with school here in Maastricht. I thought about this and many other things laying in bed last night. Its gotten warm here these last few days so I have to have my window open. No AC, stupid dutch. I lie on top of the covers pretty much sweating, not the most pleasant sleep. Outside my window I hear one femenist talk about her favorite singer, Alanis Morisette, and why she likes him. Then I heard some Peruvians and Spanish kids talking. No idea what they were saying, it was in Spanish. I also heard a lot of birds. Then theres the bugs. No bug screens like Ive said. I have my reading light on above me, just listening to my walkman. I see big ones and small ones swarming around it. Of course I occasionally have to slap my arm, leg or chest. At least they aren't West Nile Skeets.

Classes are over and the studying has been going nonstop. Almost everyday since last Saturday Ive been studying over 10 hours a day. I have so much to cram into my head that everything becomes a jumbled mess. Listening to my walkman on the way to library I think about how I know every single lyric. I wish memorizing marketing research articles and all of their hypothesis and whether or not they were proved was that easy. Guess not.

Tuesday night. International drink night at the Twee Heren(it means Two Men in English, dumb bar name). Well I hadn't been there since March is my guess. I walk in, its crowded and hot. It was my idea to come, now its my idea to leave. I buy some drinks and decide to make a stay at. A hour later, and many drinks later I am on stage dancing. I got dragged up and I dont care. I dont care how dumb I look up there, I know I have no rhythm, no need to tell me. But Im telling my friends here, Im like I dont care because I will never see anyone in this place ever again.

So we decide to go to Meta, a club. I thought I was there for 15 minutes. Turns out I was there for a good hour or more. Im surprised that I was there for so long, because I remember saying I need to go home. The walk didn't seem so long this time around. I threw up once I got to bed. Now I wouldn't include this, but its funny because I have a mesh garbage can with no bag in it. Let me tell you how much fun that was to clean the next morning. I sleep in the next day, and Im not able to eat. I wake up to see I fell asleep on my glasses and they are bent. I also see that I used up the roll of film. I remember taking 3 pictures, I wonder what the other 8 are. I get to class, so I deserve credit for that. After class, I put my key in the bike lock and break the key. Long day. I get the lock off finally and feeling out of it I decide to walk my bike and go check out the zoo. Its really just some animals in a chain link fence area, nothing exotic. They got goats though. The weather was nice that day and it felt good to be out.

Thursday everything is back to normal. I get my glasses fixed....for free. YES!!! The library has actually been closed these last two days because of Ancesion day. Finals are around the corner and they close the library. Stupid Dutch. Even on the weekends they are only open for 7 hours a day. Not much compared to back home.

Need to get back to the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home