The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Monday, September 22, 2003

Trying to one up Pee Wee.

Everyone should have a big adventure now and then. A big adventure doesn't mean going abroad or packing up the Volkswagen Minibus and heading for the California coastline. A big adventure to me is doing something you've always wanted to do. A yearly dosage of big adventure leads to a life of no regrets. Starting to sound like an infomercial.

I have been fortunate in the sense that I have had the opportunity to do an incredible amount of things(I'm trying to think of a better word). I've seen most of the US and after Europe, I have now been to about 16 countries. I've gotten to ski in the Alps, to white water rapid in the Rockies, snorkle in the Grand Caymans and hitch hiked in Seattle once. All big adventures, all great memories. There is a list I have created that says "To do before I die." It is possible that I could die tonight in a freak car accident and it is because of this that I will try to cross the things off the list sooner rather than later. While not on the list because of its longer term commitment, it is still a desire and one I am now seriously contemplating.

Growing up in Montana you begin to appreciate nature and the cycle's in which it goes through. My favorite stretch...winter. True when its cold you're miserable, while driving you constantly have your hands on the 10 and 2 and your eyes on the road for you are fearful that next patch of ice will take you off road. Winter however brings snow skiing. Some of my happiest memories are me on the mountain whether with friends or on some desolate trail all alone. I've always wanted the ski bum lifestyle. Living in some crappy apartment with a bunch of roommates and the only thing on the floor besides half empty pizza boxes is GoreTex and puddles from melting snow. Depending on the job I land(and this saying I land one, which I think I should) it is my hope that they tell me training will begin in June. Now I'm not for sure how many corporations work this way, but I do know a few like to wait to train once the May graduates have finished their courses as well. So to my future interviewer or recruiter, I want to work for you, I will give it my 110% minus 10% on Fridays but if you let me have December till May I might just be a happier person. I should also have for you a few extra stories to tell around the fabeled water cooler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home