The travels I have taken and the experiences that resulted.

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Older kids, still the same playground.

Here it is, 10 AM and I am at work. I'm pretty impressed that I am able to make it to work at 8am everday. I guess this will only train me for the next few decades of a career. So I'm sitting at my desk, it not mine per se, but hell I sit it in everyday I'm calling it mine now. My work load has been pretty light. I've been doing a lot of database entry, but now the new director isn't so sure how helpful it is. He feels no new companies really needed to be added and after inputing data for over a thousand I lean more on the tend to agree side of the continuum. Right now I'm at my desk shifting papers around, have a serious look on my face as if I'm lost in the assignment. Truth be told I'm lost in thought......the thought being nothing.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is office gossip. Everywhere I work people talk behind others backs. They want to know what is going on, why is that person being an ass or bitch, depending on gender of course. The thought can't but help cross your mind, what do others say about you. It's better to go through life and not worry so much about this, but be yourself. One of the assistant directors brought me into her office to talk about somethings the director shared with her about her work. I can't help but feel uncomfortable. The director is a couple doors down, its your supervisor and here you are going off on him. We are all adults, but when you look at how we act we still are very much the same kids hanging around the swing set talking about the latest happenings. I'd rather be the kid on the swing without a care in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home